Qualifications for Weight Loss Procedures
Bariatric surgery could be your way back to living life as you choose. The restrictions obesity places on you are frustrating, limiting, and often leave you out of the things other people are doing. If you’re ready to stop letting obesity control your life, let us help you make an informed decision about bariatric surgery. Isn’t it time?
Fifteen million Americans have been diagnosed with morbid obesity, and many are candidates for bariatric surgery. Morbid obesity can be simply defined as being 100 pounds above ideal body weight or having a Body Mass Index (BMI) that is over 40. Use our BMI calculator to find out what your BMI is.
The following diseases and health complications have been attributed to morbid obesity:
- Coronary artery disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux (GERD)
- High cholesterol and triglycerides
- Sleep apnea
- Urinary incontinence
With obesity comes increased risk of developing these conditions and others, plus a high risk of premature death. Therefore, please take the possibility of medical weight loss seriously—it could save your life.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) provide the following bariatric surgery guidelines.
- Previous attempts at weight loss have not been successful
- No medical or psychological conditions exist that would make surgery too risky
- Patient is motivated and willing to undergo surgery and a complete change in lifestyle
- BMI (body mass index) is 40 or above
- BMI is 35 or above with the presence of diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, hyperlipidemia, or other serious complications of obesity.
If this describes you, one of several bariatric surgery options may be right for you. Even if you don't qualify for bariatric surgery, you may qualify for a non-surgical weight loss procedure.
Experience life-changing benefits.
Our patients experience a dramatic improvement in their overall quality of life. They’re finally able to do the things they’ve been unable to do for so many years. And if that isn’t enough, bariatric surgery can also help patients achieve:
- Longer life expectancy
- Reduction or elimination of diabetes issues
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Reduction or elimination of hypertension
- Better sleep
Life as you choose is waiting for you. Let’s discuss your life, health, goals, and the bariatric procedure options that are available to you. Get in touch with us today!